Meet Our Host
Ereka has been comfortable on-camera since made her television debut as the sidekick on the syndicated talk show, The Tony Danza Show, and as a contestant in Season 1 of The Apprentice in 2004.
Our goal with Access Health is to make the world of health and fitness, which is ever changing and sometimes overwhelming, more accessible. My team and I hope to inspire women and men to make smart choices that lead them toward being better and stronger versions of themselves. – Ereka Vetrini
In the last ten years, Ereka has honed her skills as a TV host and producer, currently as the field host and producer for two TV series on Veria Living Network. Putting her lifestyle expertise to the test she produced and hosted over 60 packages for “Naturally Beautiful” and “Veria Living Live” all in hopes of inspiring people to live healthier lives.
Ereka was previously the host of “In The Loop with iVillage”, a live daytime talk show televised nationally on NBC. Alongside Bill Rancic and Kim Coles, Ereka covered women’s health, parenting, nutrition, food and more.
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.
15 Questions to Get to Know Ereka Vetrini
- What are you passionate about? I’m passionate about health and wellness and I’m not just saying this because I’m the host of Access Health. I believe that good health (mental, physical, and emotional) is the key to happiness.
- Who do you most admire? My mother. My mother moved from Italy to the United States when she was 13 years old. She put herself through college, and started a successful restaurant business with my father. She was a working mom that managed to always put her family first. She is wise, kind and selfless. I just adore her and my kids do too.
- What lessons do you want to pass down to your kids? I wrote a blog post dedicated to this. Here are the 15 things I hope to teach them.
- Laugh out loud. Often.
- Dance whenever, wherever and however the music moves you.
- Sing out loud even if you don’t know all the words.
- Love. LOVE BIG. Go all in. Expect to get what you give. If you don’t, walk away fast.
- When you heart is broken, get up, get dressed-up and go out. Movement heals everything.
- Check out the rest here
- How did you and your husband meet? Oh boy. We met at a bar on the upper east side of Manhattan. I was 24 when we met. He is my best friend and partner in life. Marrying him was the best decision I’ve ever made.
- What’s your favorite memory with your family (husband and kids)? Easter in Paris. Walking through the Louvre and watching my kid’s faces light up. Admiring the way they devoured beef tartar. I cherish our family vacations. I love just holding their hands, walking through the streets in new cities with nothing else to do but enjoy each other.
- What is your favorite travel destination? Italy for sure; I love the Amalfi coast and San Sebastian. Spain also holds a very special place in my heart; I’m a foodie and that is a foodie town. I can’t wait to take my kids there when they are older.
- What is still on your travel bucket list? The list is long. India, Thailand, Japan, Croatia, Argentina. I’ve been lucky enough to travel a ton in my life. I’ve been to Africa, Sydney, Dubai, China, Hong Kong and most of Europe. Before I get to MY bucket list, I’ll need to take my family to most of the above. I believe the children should be exposed early.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Every Christmas Eve. Imagine 25 first cousins together eating obscene amounts of food and talking very loudly. I’m very close with my cousins. We still get together every Christmas Ever and I hope to soon take over the holiday and have them at my house.
- If you had a chance to do a “do over” in your life, what would it be? I would have started this career earlier. I love what I do. I also would have lived in Italy for a year before starting college.
- How did you get into hosting/TV? I was a contestant on the first season of The Apprentice. 250,000 people applied and I was 1 of the 16 chosen to compete. The only New York female. After the show ended, I was asked to audition for shows. I did not have an agent, but I landed a role as the sidekick for The Tony Danza Show.
- What is it about being a host that you love? I love meeting new people and helping them tell their story and disseminate helpful information to those who need it. Access Health often teaches our viewers about their health and wellness options. I learn something new every day. I get to dip into different world. One day I’m interviewing a nutritionist, the next a heart surgeon. It’s fun and fascinating.
- What’s your most embarrassing moment? I have so many!! Seriously most of them happened as a child. I don’t embarrass easy as an adult. I’m in TV. I have to have tough skin 🙂
- What’s your favorite workout? I’m very passionate about fitness. I’m a marathon runner, kick boxer, spin enthusiast. I love hiking and kayaking…when the east coast weather permits it. We ski as a family, but I do that mostly because the kids love it, but I don’t do well in the cold. Running is my yoga; It’s my time to let my mind wander. I’m very relaxed and happy when I run.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? I love cooking Italian food OBVIOUSLY. Cooking is my creative outlet. I read a ton of cookbooks, recipes and articles about food and food technique. I never follow a recipe. I just get inspired by them. I really love cooking for friends and family and usually design the menu around them. So I guess my favorite meal to cook is the one that makes my guest feel most at home.
- What’s your favorite part of hosting Access Health? My team. The Access Health team is smart and fun. I couldn’t do the show without them. We communicate so well together and do our best to make our guests feel at home. I also love meeting learning from the brilliant doctors and experts who visit us and the patients they serve.
Fun/interesting facts you want to share!
Liza Minelli once borrowed a pair of my socks.
My favorite book is Fountain Head by Ayn Rand.